Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home Defense

Back in June, I was trying to decide what to do with my stimulus check and I decided to use part of it to update my gun collection and home defense system. I wanted a shotgun, but wasn't sure I wanted a 12 gauge because I'm not as young as I used to be and I thought a 20 gauge might be the answer. I did some research and found that Peter at Bayou Renaissance Man recommended The Mossberg Bantam for home defense, especially in situations such as mine. So ,when the check came, I went t0 Gander Mountain and bought one and I've really been happy with it. As Peter said in his post, it's lightweight and easy to handle, and at home defense ranges, 20 gauge buckshot is just as effective as 12 gauge. Tam prefered the Remington 870 but the sentiment is the same. Thanks to both of them for sharing their knowledge and experience. Update: the second link was wrong, so I fixed it. Update: Had a typo in the update.

No comments: