Monday, January 12, 2009

NRA Goes Wobbly

A few days ago, I received a letter soliciting my membership in the Nation Rifle Association. I was just about to send them a check when I read that the National Rifle Association has decided not to actively oppose the nomination of Eric Holder as Attorney General. Holder is well known as being hostile to the Second Amendment. They will send a letter of complaint, but there will be no active opposition to him.

They apparently want to save their "political capital"on "more important" battles down the road. I think preventing the nomination of an Attorney General who is hostile to the Second Amendment is pretty important, but that's just my opinion. It looks like some of the leadership of the NRA has been spending too much time inside the beltway and has suffered the loss of good sense that too often happens to those who do so.

Tonight I went to the NRA website to send an e-mail in protest, but they apparently don't have e-mail capability, or if they do, I couldn't find an address. Their NRA Grassroots Hotline is 1-800-392-8683, but I'm told it's only open from 8:30am-5:00pm. So I'll call them in the morning.

Also, I wouldn't hurt to contact your congress critters and let them know about your opposition to Holder's nomination.

Thanks to Redstate for the info. Also, according to them Gun Owners of America and will actively oppose Holder.

No comments: